Share

The Sanremo Riding Centre

The Sanremo Riding Centre, located on the hill of “Solaro”, is the oldest and most prestigious sports institution in the city of flowers.

It was Pietro Agosti, the then mayor of Sanremo, who wanted that these 36 thousand square metres with a beautiful view on the sea, should be entirely devoted to horse riding. When the Casino was instituted in 1927, Agosti agreed with the managers of the gaming house that part of the gambling income should finance buildings and works in the public interest: among these, the riding centre. A memorable opening was held in 1930, with the first competition attended by several prominent nobles of that time, members of the high society of Liguria, famous riders and most importantly, King Vittorio Emanuele III, who was the race sponsor. The competitions organised by the riding centre have constantly been attended by the best Italian and international riders, among them the famous brothers Raimondo and Piero D’Inzeo, and Graziano Mancinelli, acknowledged during the 50s and 60s as the “rider par excellence”.

Today the Sanremo Riding Centre is one of the most prestigious institutions in Italy and hosts an excellent horse-riding school, with a sandy field for show jumping practice, a covered ring, a sand track for gallops and a training field.

Everything, in this prestigious institution, is centred on horses and riders, with ample and well-kept stable boxes and relaxation areas with a bar and restaurant.

Available also in: frFrançais (French) deDeutsch (German) ruРусский (Russian) itItaliano (Italian)